I got tired of looking at the bare base of the Christmas tree and decided to make a tree skirt, which is why I haven't advanced nearly as far on other projects this week. I am using the stacked increase/decrease method and the goal is to have the skirt look like gradually increasing poinsettia petals. I'm making the pattern up as I go along so I've had to restart a couple of times as well as take out large sections once I had the start how I wanted it. It's a good thing we don't take the tree down until Epiphany.
Only got a little work on this last week because of the tree skirt. When I told EK to get a picture of the table runner she said "Oh, I thought it was a shawl." When I asked her what made her think I'd make a shawl with burlap she replied that I make weird things sometimes. I have to admit to considering making a panel coat out of it so I guess she's not wrong.
I had to wait at Walmart while getting new tires so I bought "fat quarters" for the first time to make bojagi-style basket liners for the shop. I have to admit that I am beginning to see the reason for the extra seam that I've been trying to avoid doing as it prevents gapping in the subsequent seams. I may have to concede and do these the "right" way if I'm not going to cover the seams in handspun.