FOFriday 105-18

I completely spaced out doing last week’s FO post even though I actually had some finished projects to show. Going through previous posts I also realized I hadn’t shown the completed carpet or “Joseph’s Coat” shawl, so I’m taking this opportunity to remedy that.

CIG_IMG005.jpg

This is a V-stitch (I think I mentioned recently that I’d been doing a *lot* of V-stitch) sleeve crocheted from handspun hemp. I really hated spinning that hemp because the smell was so awful, but after about 10 years it has pretty much faded. Although this portion is finished I would like to make a couple more and connect them together to create a hanging holder. I had thought I had a couple more peanut jars to do that with, but either I was wrong or they didn’t make the move. I will need to eat more peanuts or use another type of bottle if I want to get done any time soon. For now though it works just fine as a needle holder.

CIG_IMG007.jpg

The Joseph’s Coat shawl. I did end up using the pale purple kid mohair for the last portion. It needs blocked, but in general I think it worked out pretty well.

CIG_IMG002.jpg

The finished carpet in use, for some reason EK has a terrible time getting pictures of carpets that don’t end up looking like they hanging on a carpet-covered wall. I’m actually starting to kind of like the shape it ended up, but have no intention of doing another carpet in this manner ever again.

CIG_IMG004.jpg

Finished woven baby blanket. I think it worked out pretty well.

CIG_IMG003.jpg

Double layered water-stopper although the bottom layer of woven plastic strips isn’t really visible. I’m wondering if the concept would work for picnic ground covers in large size and/or in a small size to put under plants and vases.

Follow @Knitn_Kitten