I asked EK to get these photos while the top was still really nice and tidy. One of my goals this year is to do more weaving and that meant we had to get the table back into working order and not simply an example of "horizontal space abuse". The loom, the knitting machine, and the drum carder all have to be on edges to be used, whereas the warping reel can be used there or elsewhere and the sewing machine is always moved to be used.
The surface of the table is paper-covered plywood that I had cut at the lumberyard to fit the dimensions of our previous house in Missouri. That means it has held up for about 8 years, including a long-distance move and over a month in a POD, which makes me very pleased with my design (and it was inexpensive as well, which was a major point).
The surface is resting on two "knock-together" half size book cases which are under the long sides. On the short sides are two knock-together dressers. In Missouri the table was a little higher because it rested on two dressers that didn't survive the trip and the ones available when we arrived were shorter, causing the surviving book cases to become the resting surfaces. The dressers hold fabric, beads, calligraphy supplies, etc while the book cases hold my collection of needlework and fiber art books. The goal is to bring those books to the shop when we get a brick-and-mortar site so that they can be a reference library for patrons.
I have been very pleased with this work space for it's functionality for work done while standing (seated work I do in another room) and extensive storage as well as it's durability since the initial purchase price of all the components was about $100.