Yep, even with falling I was able to get this finished last weekend. Which is good because I started it at *least* five years ago. That doesn't mean I've worked on it for five years, just that it was *always* a secondary project and often didn't get worked on at all for months at a time.
I tried a number of ways to finish the edges, but ended up with sashing by tearing off a couple of strips from some old green fabric (some of the fabric used in the pieced pillow cover), seaming the strips together and sewing them on like bias-binding. I had to do all that by hand because the kids were using the table, but it was probably better that I had the control instead of speed since I have only sewn binding on once before.
The just finished wall hanging matches this pillow that has been a favorite cat cushion since it was made.
Finished, for some value of finished that doesn't include "finishing touches", flower vases. I will almost certainly seal them, but I'm inclined to decorate them in some way as well and can't decide how to do it.