WIPWednesday 5-16-18

CIG_IMG004.jpg

Started on the weaving in (right side of photo). I'm using a small crochet hook and it's slightly less awful than I anticipated.

CIG_IMG002.jpg

It was time to cut back the mulberry to keep the branches manageable for next year's harvest and I wanted to try to keep some of the bark for cordage and weaving baskets. Both of my forefingers are sore two days later as the bark * had to be peeled from the branches on the day of so it didn't dry and become impossible to remove. There are nearly a dozen peeled branches of which Son peeled one and I did the rest. The removed bark is the long, medium length strips that are prepped for being split further.

CIG_IMG003.jpg

The small pile in the top right area is the strips that have been thinned sufficiently to be used in projects. I forgot to have EK get a photo of the packets of wide (half or whole circumference  of the branch) bark that I had set to the side to decide what to do with later.

Follow @Knitn_Kitten