This is late because EK has spent the last two days trying to get the camera to connect to the cloud to upload the project photos she took. I hope the issue isn't that the connectivity hardware/software in the computer is going bad, although a major electronics manufacturer having their servers down for a couple days isn't good either, as wireless is the only way provided to upload photos. In the future I may consider it worthwhile to pay extra for direct-connect capacity through the computer, if that's even still available.
So, although there's no photographic proof, I have finished the weaving-in of ends for the carpet and have now moved on to the edging. I did start the herringbone as threatened, but my yarn seems a little too thin to get complete coverage of the edges so I moved to doing crochet after all. I do owe a debt of gratitude to the YouTube video that showed the herringbone edge because I hadn't realized I needed to fold the edge *towards the front* and would have done it incorrectly.
I am also starting work on repairing, as much as I can which is uncertain, a blanket that I wove for my sister about ten years ago. The repair is complicated by many factors. There is both old and new damage, her "bugs" (Boston Terrier/Pug mixes) chewed it almost as soon as I gave it to her and, although they never purposefully damaged it since, get their chew toys and such caught in it and, being dogs, aren't careful in freeing them. That would be a problem no matter what, but the blanket's construction is what creates the level of difficulty. It was woven as a 3-color tartan twill on a triangle loom and then all the triangles were seamed to make a rectangle. The different colors would make the thing interesting enough in terms of finding ends and trying to keep the pattern reasonable but the triangle weaving, where the warp is integral to the weft and is done as the work progresses, means that the yarn changes direction repeatedly. It is especially interesting whenever a direction change indicates the edge of a triangular piece since the seam with the adjacent piece must be carefully negotiated to not cause further damage. Over-all I'm fairly sure I can improve the condition of the piece, but I'm also quite confident that it is impossible to entirely repair.